81.3% of Singaporeans have access to the internet. Unfortunately for those people, Singapore’s Media Development Authority (MDA) blocks more than 100 websites, including news sites, gambling, pornography, and even movies. The best way to bypass these blocks is to use a VPN for Singapore. A Singapore VPN will let anybody access websites that are blocked across the world as well as encrypting your internet traffic so no one knows what you are doing online.
Best VPN Singapore
To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of the five best VPNs for Singapore. If you want a Singapore IP address, you will be delighted to know that all the VPN services in the list below have servers in Singapore.
- ExpressVPN - The fastest VPN we test, unblocks everything, with amazing service all round
- NordVPN - Large brand with very good value, and a budget price
- CyberGhost VPN - Longtime top ranked VPN, with great price and speeds
- PrivateInternetAccess - No logs, apps for all platforms
- Surfshark - Strong presence, no-logs policy
Singapore VPN Considerations
By using a VPN Singapore citizens are able to bypass blocks imposed by the MDA, they will also ensure that your online privacy and security. When selecting the best VPNs for Singapore listed above, we took into consideration some important details:
- Military grade encryption.
- A trusted privacy policies that will guarantee your data’s protection.
- Servers all over the world, allowing you to unblock websites from many different places.
- Fast networks of servers that will allow their users to do data-intensive tasks such as gaming and streaming in HD.
All of the services in our Singapore VPN list offer the features we have listed above. All of them will ensure that you are able to unblock content whilst staying private online.
Are VPNs Legal in Singapore?
Yes, they are.
Using a VPN is not illegal in Singapore. However, using a VPN to access censored content may be. That’s why you should get a reliable and trusted VPN for Singapore that is both private and secure.
In Singapore, it’s illegal to access pirated content. It is enforced through the Copyright Act. These strict copyright laws mean that you should only use a VPN in Singapore, all of the VPNs in this article are secure and have a high standard of encryption. Because your data is encrypted it's impossible for ISPs or the government to tell that you are accessing restricted content.
How To Set Up A VPN Singapore
Getting a Singapore VPN and setting it up is very easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Decide on a VPN for Singapore. For privacy and unblocking content in Singapore, we recommend ExpressVPN , because it is ideally equipped with everything that you require.
- Click through to the VPN’s website and subscribe.
- Once subscribed, download and install the software.
- Select a server from the list and click Connect.
- As soon as the VPN connects, you appear to be in the country that you selected and can access websites as if you were there.
Remember: Thanks to your VPN’s encryption, all your data is securely scrambled. It means that nobody – not your ISP, government, workplace, landlord, or school network administrator – can tell what you are doing online!
Get a Singapore IP Address
For Singaporean expats who want to protect their data from their ISP and the government while using internet services that are restricted to Singapore, the answer is to connect to a VPN server in Singapore. all the services listed in our best VPN for Singapore list have servers located in Singapore for you to use, the amount of locations offered varies, see below:
- NordVPN - 113 VPN Servers in Singapore
- CyberGhost - 1 VPN server in Singapore
- Ivacy - 1 VPN server in Singapore
- ExpressVPN - 3 VPN servers in Singapore
By connecting to one of those Singapore VPN servers, all your data will be securely encrypted. However, you will still have an IP address in Singapore, so you can continue using Singaporean web services.
Free VPN Singapore
VPN Gate is a free service run by the University of Tsukuba in Japan. It is a popular service in Singapore. While it is a useful VPN, it is worth noting that it is rather slow and isn’t good enough for streaming and other data-intensive tasks. It can be useful for unblocking some things.
However, a word of warning: VPN Gate fully admits that it will cooperate with law enforcement and government authorities if it is approached with a request to do so. For this reason, the privacy that you get with VPN Gate is not as good as it is with a proper, premium service. There are also other free VPNs that you can look at.
Bypass MDA Singapore
When you connect to a VPN server outside of Singapore, you can access all the websites that the MDA restricts. That means that you can access movies, TV shows, news, religious content, and other restricted content. It is great for students, journalists, and others who want to access this content for research purposes or for personal reasons.
Also, you can use a Singapore VPN to get around geo-restrictions. Even if you don’t want to unblock websites that the Singapore government has blocked, a VPN can be very useful.
A VPN will allow you to watch streaming services from all over the globe, and encrypt your connection as well, thereby protecting your data.
A VPN for Singapore is a good way for you to hide your online activities from ISPs and the government. Due to the mildly oppressive nature of the government and its copyright laws, this is a fantastic advantage. A VPN is also superb for accessing censored websites in the country.
The VPNs in this guide all have lightning fast servers located around the world also perfect for unblocking geo-restricted content. Also, they all have highly trusted privacy policies and strong, military grade encryption.
We are sure there’s an ideal VPN for Singapore for everyone in this article, no matter what your circumstances might be. For this reason, it is worth taking advantage of the VPNs money-back guarantees. That way you can test them without risking your money.
If you have any questions about using a VPN in Singapore, please don’t hesitate to contact us in the messages section below.