People all over the world are choosing to use Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) for their LG smart TVs and smartphones. Why? Because with a VPN, consumers gain unprecedented levels of privacy and security both at home and on the move. In addition, a VPN for an LG product provides internet freedom by allowing users to pretend to be in another country.
In fact, a VPN is the most versatile online service available! And because a reliable VPN for LG TV or smartphone is cheap, getting one is a superb investment.
Here's our list of the Best VPNs for LG devices.
What Is a VPN for LG?
A Virtual Private Network is an online service that does two things. Firstly, it allows you to pretend to be in a different country in order to bypass censorship or geo-restrictions. The result is incomparable online freedom of access.
Secondly, a reliable VPN provides privacy and security using military grade encryption. This securely scrambles all data coming and going from your PC, laptop, phone, or other devices. For LG users, this means complete digital privacy for their smartphone or even smart TV.
Why Get an LG VPN?
A world-class VPN for LG can be used on more than one device at once. Thus, subscribing to one of our recommended VPNs can be used not only to unblock websites on an LG phone or smart TV, but also on any other devices you might have (such as an Android tablet, phone, iOS device or even a laptop).
Once you have your chosen VPN, you will be able to enjoy the entire internet in privacy, allowing you to use restricted services from back home while on vacation. You can also enjoy other countries’ content from the comfort of your couch.
In addition, the security that an LG VPN provides will allow you to securely use public WiFi hotspots. With a VPN for LG, you will be free to enter passwords, login details, and important credentials anywhere, without fear that a hacker is snooping on your traffic.
Can I Get a VPN for LG Smart TV that is Free?
Free VPNs are often very restrictive because they exist to entice users into purchasing a premium subscription. Worse yet, many are only free because they make money from their users by selling their data to third parties. This is exactly the opposite of what a VPN is supposed to do! As such, we strongly advise you to stay away from these untrustworthy free VPNs. For trusted free VPNs, click the link.
LG G2 VPN, LG G3 VPN, and LG G4 VPN
If you are looking for an LG G2, G3, or an LG G4 VPN, you have come to the right place. The VPNs for LG in this guide will work on any LG mobile phone that runs on Android. What's more, all of the VPNs that we have recommended have the very best OpenVPN encryption protocol.
That means that no matter what model of LG phone you have (as long as it has a recent version of the Android platform on it), you can pretend to be in a different location using military grade encryption.
Digital Privacy with an LG VPN
Long gone are the days when Russia and China were considered despicable for invading their citizens’ privacy. Nowadays, governments and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) all over the world are using new laws to snoop on citizens in massively invasive ways.
In addition to mandatory data retention, advertisers hackers, and even local network administrators such as landlords, workplaces and schools are busy snooping on your data.
An LG VPN is the perfect solution because it protects all the data coming and going from your LG device.
Which VPN Should I Get?
With that taken care of, all you need to decide is whether to select an LG VPN like ExpressVPN, with servers in 94 countries, or Buffered with servers in 34. More server locations give you more choice, but you might not need all those servers.
Perhaps the most important consideration if you intend to use your VPN for data-intensive tasks like streaming in HD (on your LG TV) is connection speeds. Some VPNs are very slow, which is frustrating. Don’t worry though - all the VPNs in this guide are well known for providing fast connection speeds that are perfect for streaming!
How to Use a VPN on an LG Smartphone and Smart TV
If you have access to the google play store on your LG TV, then you can install an Android TV VPN by following the steps below:
- Decide on your favorite VPN for LG. For LG phones we recommend ExpressVPN because it has the highest levels of security and servers in 94 countries. Furthermore, it has the highest speeds for streaming.
- Click through to the website, subscribe, and download the VPN software for your device. For an LG phone, you will need to get the Android version.
- Install the software and select OpenVPN encryption from the menu.
- Connect to a server in the country from which you want to access content.
- Navigate to the website of your choice, fully protected by your VPN's encryption.
Sharing Your Internet Connection with Your LG Smart TV
It's not always possible to install a VPN directly on an LG smart TV. However, in those instances, you can still use a VPN to access more content through your LG TV.
- Get your VPN pre-installed on a router. When a VPN is installed on a specially flashed (DD-WRT or Tomato) router, all the devices attached to that router are automatically protected by the VPN. This is much more convenient and means that all the devices in your home - including your LG smart TV - appear to be overseas. If this option is of interest to you, we recommend ExpressVPN , as the firm sells a pre-flashed router with the VPN already installed. For more options, check our article here.
- If a pre-flashed router is out of your price range, you can simply attach your smart TV to your PC or laptop and share its VPN connection. Doing so is simple - all you need is a speedy and reliable VPN provider, your PC connected to the internet via WiFi or Ethernet (adapter needed for Mac) and your smart TV attached to your computer with an Ethernet cable.
Sharing a VPN Connection in Windows
- Make sure your PC or laptop is connected to your VPN service.
- Connect your smart TV to your laptop or PC with an Ethernet cable.
- Open Network and Sharing Centre on your PC (Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center) and click on ‘Change adapter settings.’
- Locate your VPN connection. OpenVPN connections aren’t always labeled well, so look for one called 'TAP-Win32 Adaptor V9' (or similar). Right-click on it and choose ‘Properties’ on the drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Sharing’ tab and select the ‘Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection’ box. Next, select ‘Local Area Connection’ from the menu (if your computer has more than one Ethernet port, please select the one your smart TV is connected to) and click ‘OK.’
- Finally, restart your smart TV and your computer.
For setting up a shared connection on a Mac, please look here.
LG Smart TV VPN: Conclusion
In this article, we've pinpointed the five very best VPNs for LG devices. No matter whether you have an LG TV or an LG phone, these VPNs have you covered. With fast speeds, excellent customer care, free trial periods to test the services, servers all over the world, and strong security, these VPNs really are far superior to other services on the market.
Overall, we recommend ExpressVPN for LG devices. However, all the VPNs in this guide have their merits and all are excellent services. As such, you are free to get the LG VPN that you feel suits you best. Happy hunting!
Best LG VPN: Summary
Title image credit: Pieter Beens/Shutterstock.com