What is Sling TV?
Sling TV is an affordable online streaming service that provides access to US cable TV channels. For as little as $20 per month, subscribers get access to the likes of ESPN, FOX, Disney, AMC, Showtime, CNN, and all the sports and TV premieres that come along with them. All in all, Sling TV subscribers get access to a whopping 135 channels.
While it is true that Sling TV is geo-restricted to the US, the good news is that with a Sling TV Virtual Private Network (VPN) anybody, anywhere, can pretend to be in the US to unblock Sling TV. For TV and movie addicts around the globe, a Sling TV VPN means the ability to watch US TV all day long.
The ProPrivacy for Sling TV 2019
The best Sling TV VPNs in 2019 is NordVPN. Take a look at our video review below.
For some alternatives, check out the table below to see the best 5 VPNs for Sling TV in 2019.
- NordVPN - Large brand with very good value, and a budget price
- CyberGhost - Longtime top ranked VPN, with great price and speeds
- PrivateVPN - One of the cheapest VPNs out there, but still a good service
- ExpressVPN - The fastest VPN we test, unblocks everything, with amazing service all round
Sling TV VPNs
A VPN for Sling TV allows consumers all over the world to pretend to be in the US. The result is the ability to get access to any of the Sling TV plans. The most popular plans are the Orange and Blue plans, priced at $20 and $25 per month. Those subscriptions give viewers access to an insane amount of US programming and, with a Sling TV VPN, those shows are available anywhere.
In this article, we explain everything you need to know about a VPN for Sling TV. We describe what a VPN is, how it works and why one VPN for Sling TV is better than another. We even tell you how to unblock Sling TV with a VPN. A VPN is by far the cheapest and best way to unblock and watch the most US TV shows and premieres. So, without further ado, here are the five best Sing TV VPN services.
What Is a Sling TV VPN?
A Virtual Private Network is an awesome online service that allows you to pretend to be in a different country. By doing so, you can overcome geo-restrictions and access content that is usually blocked. This allows you to watch Sling TV as if you were in the US.
In addition, a reliable and trusted VPN provides strong encryption. That encryption securely scrambles all the data coming and going from your PC, laptop, smartphone, or tablet. The result is that nobody - Internet Service Providers (ISPs), governments, or local network administrators - can tell what you are doing online.
The ability to appear to be in a different country, added to the digital privacy of the encryption, is the perfect combo. That's why a premium VPN is such an awesome investment.
Sling TV VPN Considerations
When selecting the best VPNs for Sling TV, there were a few considerations that we kept in mind. Most importantly, we made sure only to select VPNs that provide fast speeds. Fast connection speeds are of the utmost importance when streaming in HD.
Sadly, the vast majority of the 850 VPNs on the market are too slow for your streaming needs. The VPNs in this guide, however, all have a choice of fast US servers - so you'll always be able to watch Sling TV.
The second consideration was privacy. As you'll be pretending to be in the US to watch Sling TV, it is important that security and privacy are assured. All of the VPNs in this article were selected because they are perfect for watching Sling TV in private.
Sling TV VPN for Sports Fans
Sling TV is particularly awesome for people who want to unblock and watch more sports. With a Sling TV VPN, sports fans can gain access to US golf competitions, hockey (NHL), baseball (MLB), basketball (NBA), American football (NFL), tennis . In fact, there is no better way to watch US sports on a budget.
A VPN for Movies with Sling TV
Sling TV gives you access to a huge selection of movies. This includes access to specific film channels such as Sundance, Fandor, Epix, Shortlist, HDNet Movies, and TCM. Also available are Showtime, HBO, Cinemax, Starz Encore, Hallmark, LMN, and Tribeca Shortlist. That's an insane amount of choice for movie addicts.
Why You Should Use a VPN for Sling TV for Kids
A VPN for Sling TV is an awesome way of entertaining your children! Sling TV gives access to plenty of children's programming, including Disney channels (Disney, Disney Junior, Disney XD), Nickelodeon channels, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, Duck TV, and Sling Kids (a selection of children’s programming and cartoons).
Sling TV Canada
Many Canadian citizens are interested in a Sling TV subscription. Just like everywhere else, Sling TV is blocked in Canada. However, with a Sling TV VPN, Canadians can unblock Sling TV (just as viewers in other locations can). If you want to find out more take a look at our Canadian VPN guide.
A Sling TV VPN for US citizens
Even US subscribers who don’t need a VPN to access Sling TV, can benefit from a VPN. Why? Because due to licensing restrictions, Sling TV can’t show certain TV channels, programs, and sports events all over the US. Those services are labeled on the Sling TV website as “select markets only.” Fox Sports, for instance, is only available in certain places. However, by using a VPN, US residents can access Fox Sports streams from different ZIP codes.
Here are some examples of what you could access from within the US using a Sling TV VPN:
- FOX Sports Ohio
- FOX Sports West
- FOX Sports Florida
- FOX Sports South
- FOX Sports Midwest
- FOX Sports Arizona
- FOX Sports Cincinnati
- FOX Sports Detroit
- FOX Sports North
- FOX Sports Prime Ticket
- FOX Sports San Diego
- FOX Sports Southeast
- FOX Sports Southwest
- FOX Sports Sun
- Sports Time Ohio
- YES (Yankees Entertainment and Sports) Network.
How to Unblock Sling TV with a VPN
It is easy to unblock Sling TV with a VPN. To do so, simply follow these simple steps:
- Decide on a VPN. For Sling TV, we recommend ExpressVPN as it has an awesome selection of US servers that are all super fast to stream Sling TV in HD.
- Click through to the VPN of your choice, and subscribe to the service.
- Download and install the software. The VPNs in this guide permit more than one device to run the VPN simultaneously. Thus you can watch Sling TV on your phone, laptop, tablet, and/or PC.
- Run the VPN software and select a US server from the list - click Connect.
- Now that the VPN has connected, it is protecting you with encryption. In addition, you have a US IP address (which means that you appear to be in the US). For this reason, you can now navigate over to SlingTV.com.
Buying a Gift Card For Sling TV
To Subscribe to the service you will need a SlingTV gift card (because you don't have a US credit card and ZIP Code). To get the gift card you will need to first get some Bitcoins. To find out how to buy bitcoins look here.
- To get the gift card go here. You will be redirected to eGifter where you can purchase a $25 gift card. This will allow you to use one month of Sling TV for $20 and get a $5 upgrade plan for something extra (Sling TV provides masses of extras on top of the awesome basic plan). You will need to pay for your gift card using Bitcoins.
- Now, redeem the gift card at the Sling TV portal.
Use a Virtual Credit Card
- To sign up you will need to get a virtual US credit card like this one. This is slightly pricey because you do have to pay a membership fee to get the virtual card. However, the card will supply you with a valid US address and ZIP code. Using the site in the link you will have to spend $65. However, this will allow you to purchase two months of Sling TV for $40 and $10 dollars worth of extras. (You will lose $15 in fees, but for many people around the world $65 for two months of Sling TV with extras is still excellent value!) Remember, the best way to use your virtual credit card is to use it to buy a Sling TV gift card at Walmart. Walmart is listed on the US Unlocked website so this will work, and you will receive your Sling TV voucher code in an email.
Remember that Sling TV is purchased on a month by month basis - no long contracts! Simply cancel at any time.
Which VPN Should I Get for Sling TV?
While ExpressVPN is our most recommended VPN for Sling TV, all of the VPNs in this guide have been carefully selected because they are perfect for Sling TV. These VPNs are well known, well-subscribed services that provide excellent speeds for streaming. In addition, all of the VPNs are reliable and have great customer care.
For this reason, you'll be safe selecting the VPN that you most like the sound of. Plus all of these VPNs have trial periods - so if you want to try them all without paying a thing, you can!
Sling TV VPN: Conclusion
In this article, we've explained everything you need to know about unblocking Sling TV with a VPN. All of the Sling TV VPN services in this guide are superb, and all will allow you to unblock Sling TV from anywhere.
These VPNs are secure, reliable, and fantastic value for money. So take another quick look, and choose a VPN for Sling TV with confidence. We are sure that there is a VPN for Sling TV for everyone in this guide - no matter what your personal circumstances may be.
If you have any questions about unblocking Sling TV, please don't hesitate to contact us - we are always happy to help!