This article explains how to view and clear your browsing history (the web cache, cookies, saved passwords and more) in Chrome on Windows.
You can easily remove all or some of your browsing history that Chrome saves on your computer as you browse the Internet. You may want to do this, especially if you are using a shared computer.
Here is how:
How to view Chrome history
Viewing your history helps you find the web pages that you have visited.
On your Windows computer, open the Chrome app then select More
Select History > History (or press CTRL – H).
You can also see your full history.
You can also search your history
How to delete search history in Chrome
- Launch Chrome
- Click History (or press CTRL - SHIFT - DELETE)
- Select History
- Select clear browsing data
- A new pop-up window will appear. You may choose to clear: ‘the past hour’, ‘the past day’, ‘the past week’, ‘the last 4 weeks’ and ‘the beginning of time’. You can also choose what to delete: “Browsing History”, “Download History”, “Cookies” Cached Images and Files”, “Passwords”, “Autofill Form Data”, “Hosted App Data” and “Media Licenses”. After your selections, click Clear Browsing Data to delete.
How to delete a specific site from your history
- Open Chrome
- Select History > History
- To delete specific sites, select a site from the list
4. Click Remove Selected Items.
If you are interested, we did the same type of posts also for Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari and Firefox. Check them out if you need to delete the browser history from those browsers as well.
If privacy is a subject of interest for you, we recommend taking a look at some VPNs that will allow you to truly have privacy when being online.