Football fans around the world can expect an extra present this year, as the Minnesota Vikings tackle the New Orleans Saints on Christmas Day (at 4:30 EST). And for the first time in eleven years, the game will fall on a Friday!
Whilst pundits have given the Saints the edge, the teams have each claimed victories in recent clashes. The Saints scooped a win in 2018, and 2019 saw the Vikings triumphant after a playoff. However, the Saints will surely be looking to prove themselves after a 20 – 26 loss to the Vikings earlier in the year.
How to watch the Vikings vs Saints | Step-by-step guide
You're going to need a VPN to unblock access to the NFL game. With one, it doesn't matter where you are in the world – a VPN uses spoofing technology to assign you a new, temporary IP address in the location of your choice, granting you access to geo-restricted sites. This means you can watch any stream you like!
Getting set up with a VPN might seem complicated, but there's nothing to it. Simply follow the instructions below:
- First, pick a VPN provider to subscribe to. Speed is an important consideration here, and you'll want a VPN with quick servers that'll allow you to stream the game in HD – without buffering hiccups. We recommend ExpressVPN. It's fast, unblocks everything you could want, and has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Once you've decided on a provider, download the app – and bear in mind that most VPNs allow you to install the software on multiple devices. So, you can stream NFL matches on your laptop, mobile, or tablet.
- Go through the straight-forward VPN installation process and you'll be greeted with a log-in prompt, so enter your details.
- Then pick a server location. We'd recommend connecting to either a UK or USA VPN server, depending on the streaming service you intend to use – either way, it only takes a click to connect!
- You'll now be able to head over to the stream of your choice and tune in to watch the action as it happens.
Where to watch the Vikings vs Saints?
Football fans have four choices when it comes to streaming the Minnesota Vikings vs New Orleans Saints game online. We'll take a closer look at each service below – but bear in mind that you'll likely need an account to use them.
US viewers can simply tune in to FOX to check out the Christmas action – provided you have a valid subscription to either Fox, or any of the TV services that will grant you access. If you have a subscription, but are outside of the US, you can use a VPN to connect to a US server and login as you usually would.
This one's a bit tricky. In order to watch the Vikings vs Saints game via the NFL Network, you'll actually need to be subscribed to Fubo. A standard Fubo subscription plan will set you back $59.99 a month, however.
The Vikings vs Saints match is free to watch for existing Prime customers – and you can test the service (and watch the game) with a 30-day free trial. Otherwise, a Prime subscription will cost you $12.99 a month in the US, and £7.99 a month in the UK.
British fans of American football can purchase a Sky Sports subscription to watch the game on Christmas Day, or check out a Now TV Sky Sports pass. This is a particularly flexible option, as Now TV offers monthly passes for £33.99 as well as single day passes for £9.99 – and either way, there are no contracts involved.
Whether you're a loyal fan of either team or are looking forward to some live sporting action on Christmas day, a VPN is a simple and effective way of tuning into the match – regardless of where you are in the world. And who needs the added stress of not being able to access the game during Christmas dinner?!
So long as you have a valid subscription to one of the four streaming services listed above, and a reliable VPN, you'll have no trouble watching the Vikings and Saints battle it out for the second time this year.
Want to check out our top VPN picks for streaming?
Click the button below to find out which VPN providers offer the best services.