Paramount+ has recently announced the list of festive movies it will stream this Christmas – and it is absolutely wonderful! I was happy to see that this year's catalog includes Serendipity and many other all-time favorites. What's more, this festive treat comes at half of the subscription price of Netflix or HBO Max.
The only problem is that Paramount+ is available in just a few countries in the world, aside from the US. However, this minor obstacle is a VPN. So, keep reading this guide and learn how to watch any Paramount+ content this Christmas in just a few simple steps. We also bring you the best VPNs for the job, but it's up to you to choose the right service based on your preferences.
What are the best VPNs for Paramount+?
Here you can find the best VPNs for unblocking and streaming Paramount+ content this season:
Why are these the best VPNs for Paramount+?
Choosing a VPN for unblocking movies and smooth streaming is not an easy job. There are several factors to take into consideration, and it can be challenging to find a service that scores well across the board.
Here, at ProPrivacy, we conduct comprehensive testing each day to remain informed and accurate. In doing so, help you narrow down your choices from the thousands of available VPNs to the ones that actually work. Here's a list of the essential features and criteria we considered when curating the list of the best VPNs for Paramount+:
- Speed – Getting a moderately fast VPN is fine if you only plan to use it for day-to-day browsing or whilst downloading the occasional small file. However, VPNs like this won't be up to HD streaming. You want to enjoy your favorite Christmas movies without buffering and similar interruptions.
- Server location – Your VPN should have servers in multiple key locations, depending on your needs. In this case, we were looking for VPNs with servers strategically placed across the US, Canada, and countries in Latin America.
- Unblocking power – Not only should your VPN should be able to unblock Paramount+ with ease, but it should also be able to work flawlessly with other major streaming platforms, such as Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, and more. Otherwise, it's just not worth the money or the trouble.
- Privacy features – Aside from having speedy servers everywhere to unblock the greatest variety of content, your VPN should be private and secure. VPNs on this list all have exceptional privacy features and come with no-logs policies to safeguard your digital rights.
- Price – Wouldn't it be great if, on top of all these features, your VPN was also perfectly affordable? Some of the VPNs on this list cost less than $2 per month. However, this doesn't mean that we're searching for the cheapest providers but, rather, the ones that offer the best value for money.
- Money-back guarantee – You wouldn't buy a new car without a test drive, right? Why should subscribing to a VPN service be any different? With the money-back guarantee that all our recommended VPNs have, you can go wild and try all their features within a month of your purchase, without risking your cash.
- Customer support – One of the common VPN red flags is slow, unprofessional, or, at times even, nonexistent customer support. You should be able to contact your VPN's customer service whenever you have a doubt or a query. Otherwise, you're completely powerless if anything goes wrong. All services on this list have 24/7 customer support, so you can stream Paramount+ movies with peace of mind.
How to unblock Paramount+ with a VPN?
Using a VPN to unblock Paramount+ is super easy – even for folks with no VPN experience. All you need to do is follow these five steps below, and you'll be all set for your virtual journey.
- Choose a VPN that unblocks Paramount+. We've listed some great options below.
- Download and install the software on your device.
- Connect to a VPN server in the USA or Canada.
- Go to your Paramount+ account and open the Holiday collection.
- Stream your favorite Christmas movies!
What can you watch on Paramount+ this Christmas?
No matter whether you're a strict film critic with an acquired taste for classic movies, or you're looking for something light and cheerful this Christmas, Paramount+ offers an abundance of a choice for everyone. So, you should definitely check out the full Paramount+ Christmas catalog, and don't worry if you can't open this link straight away (it probably just means that you are accessing it from a restricted country). All you need to do is to switch on a VPN – and it'll work like a charm.
If you want to see our top 10 movie picks on Paramount+ this festive season, here they are:
- A Christmas Carol
- Daddy's Home 2
- Surviving Christmas
- Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas
- Christmas in the Heartland
- Happy Christmas
- A Fairly Odd Christmas
- Bridget Jones's Diary
- Holiday Breakup
Did you know that, with the Paramount+ Essential plan, you can enjoy some of the most exclusive Holiday Specials this year, along with tens of thousands of episodes of popular holiday TV shows? Adele One Night Only, An Evening with Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga, and Holiday Hits are just some of them.
Does Paramount+ have a free trial?
Yes, Paramount+ comes with a free trial that includes everything from the Essential plan – the holiday collection included. Once the trial period expires (30-days after you sign up), you'll automatically get subscribed to the Essential plan. Another piece of good news is that the Paramount+ Essential plan costs only $4,99, which is among the cheapest streaming platform subscriptions on the market.
Paramount+ features a myriad of Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, CBS, MTV, BET, Paramount Network, and Paramount Pictures shows and movies. Not only that, but it streams the newest big-screen hits from Paramount Pictures – less than a month and a half after they premier in cinemas.
So, grab your free trial of Paramount+ and try all these great perks today.
How to sign up for the service if you live outside the US?
Since Paramount+ is a US-oriented streaming platform, signing up from outside the US is slightly more challenging. However, this doesn't mean you should miss your favorite Christmas hits this winter. Follow these simple steps, and you'll be able to sign up for Paramount+ free trial in a blink of an eye:
- Choose a VPN for unblocking Paramout+, you'll need a fast VPN provider to avoid slow connection and buffering while streaming. We recommend ExpressVPN because it is consistently fast and unblocks Paramount+ with ease.
- Download and install the VPN software on your device. The best VPNs allow you multiple simultaneous connections across all your devices. So, each of your family members can watch their favorite Paramount+ content at the same time.
- Connect to any of the servers in countries that support Paramount+. To be on the safe side, pick a US server because it will change your IP address to a US one, and you'll be able to unblock Paramount+ after that without a doubt.
- Next, you'll need to purchase an online Walmart gift card for Paramount+. If you are not a fan of Walmart, you can opt for any other online retailer's gift card. The reason you need a gift card in the first place is that if you use a standard method of payment, Paramount+ will be able to tell that you're not from the US, based on your credit card number. If you have a US credit card, this doesn't apply to you, you can proceed directly to the standard payment method after the sign-up process.
- To sign up – go to the Paramount+ official page and click on the blue Try It Free button, the subscription page will appear. Choose your plan, fill in your details (under Zip Code put any American Zip Code), and proceed to the payments. Here, you should be careful not to choose the credit card payment method, but instead, fill in your Coupon code in the coupon code box on the right side of your screen.
- Now that you've signed up and successfully completed your payment, you are ready to stream any Christmas movie on Paramount+. Your first month of subscription will be free, but after that, the charges of your preferred subscription plan will apply.
Paramount+ is a great US platform for streaming some of the biggest Christmas hits at an affordable price. If it's your first time trying this service, Paramount+ even offers you the benefit of a 30-day free trial. If you're living in the US, the subscription process is quite straightforward – visit the official Paramount+ website and follow the steps.
If you're not staying in the US, Canada, or Latin America at the moment and you do not have a US credit card, the subscription process is a bit longer, but, thanks to a VPN service, it's still perfectly achievable. Follow the steps above and stream your favorite Christmas movies this season. Here's the reminder of the best VPNs to use with the Paramount+: