If you wish to spoof your location on an Amazon Fire TV stick (aka Firestick), then you will need to use a VPN service.
The following instructions are only useful if you have moved country and want to officially re-register your Firestick to your new location. Note that the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick only fully work in the following countries:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- India (2nd Gen Fire TV Stick only)
If you have an Amazon Prime account, you can stream Prime exclusive content (only) from more countries using your Firestick. But most other apps and content will not work because of geographic licensing resections. Using a VPN on a Firestick may help here though.
The Fire TV Cube only works in the United States.
How to change country
To re-register your Fire Stick in another supported country you must first register your new address with Amazon.
1. Sign-in to your account on the Amazon web page and visit Manage Your Content and Devices -> Preferences -> Country/Region Settings.
2. Click on the Preferences tab -> Country/Region Settings -> Change.
3. You can then change Country of Residence. It requires a valid postal address. When done, hit Update.
4. When you first use the Firestick in your new country you will need to go through the entire setup process again – just like you did when you first purchased the device.
How to change your location on the Fire Stick itself
You can only change your location on the Fire Stick within the country the Fire stick is registered to with Amazon (see above). This is mainly only useful for receiving localized weather updates from Alexa.
1. Visit Settings -> Preferences -> Location.
2. Enter your new post/zip code and click Next.
Image credit: By dennizn/Sutterstock