The preservation of the integrity and success of 4Choice’s core websites – primarily ProPrivacy.com as a long-standing authority in the Virtual Private Network (VPN) space – is paramount to 4Choice Limited. This code is designed to protect and uphold the editorial independence and standards of ProPrivacy.com and thus maintain the credibility and trust needed to best serve the VPN providers who are listed on it and ultimately ensure readers are able to find the right product for their individual needs.
ProPrivacy.com will not at any time recommend VPN providers who offer a bad product to customers whether affiliations with such a company are in place and/or whether higher commissions are offered. The satisfaction and happiness of our readers, based on our recommendations, is our number one priority. The obligations of this code ultimately sit with the Managing Director of 4Choice Limited who is therefore fully responsible for ensuring that ProPrivacy.com shall be operated in accordance with it.
Declaration of Affiliations
- ProPrivacy.com receives commissions from many VPN providers listed, but not all of them. The amount of commission varies from provider to provider.
- Other websites within the 4Choice Limited portfolio include VPNAnalysis.com, BestBackups.com, BestHosting.com, BestAntivirus.com, SmartDNS.com (collectively the “core websites”).
Code of Conduct
- 4Choice editorial decisions shall be made independent from the commercial objectives of any affiliated companies.
- ProPrivacy.com’s vision shall continue to be “fighting for people’s privacy and freedom to use the internet when, where and how they wish” (ProPrivacy.com Vision).
- ProPrivacy.com's Managing Director shall control all editorial and commercial decisions made in relation to ProPrivacy.com and its editorial and commercial strategy.
- ProPrivacy.com's Managing Director shall determine any content on the website and in any email, printed publications, and reports.
- ProPrivacy.com’s Managing Director shall ensure editorial and commercial decisions, website content and design and all products, services, mobile applications and tools provided by the website (collectively "ProPrivacy.com Content") are consistent with the ProPrivacy.com Vision.
- ProPrivacy.com (and authorised spokespersons) shall be permitted to comment freely about the products and services available through ProPrivacy.com. Such comments shall be made in an objective manner consistent with the ProPrivacy.com Vision.
- ProPrivacy.com Content shall continue to be researched, written and approved by the Editorial Team according to journalistic methods and in an objective manner in order to identify the best possible products and services that ProPrivacy.com considers to be the preferred option for users consistent with the ProPrivacy.com Vision.
- Any personal data about individual users, including contact details, gathered while operating ProPrivacy.com shall not be sold to third parties or used for the purposes of unsolicited communications from any third party.
- This Editorial Code shall be carried out and applied in a manner consistent with the practice, activities, ethos and operation of ProPrivacy.com during the 12-month period prior to 1st March 2017.