One of the best things about using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) is the ability to pretend to be in a different country. People use this digital globe trotting VPN feature not only to conceal their true location but also to access the internet as if they were abroad.
When a VPN subscriber connects to a server, their IP address will become that of the VPN, instead of their own. The result is that the subscriber appears to be in the location of the server they connect to.
If a VPN user connects to a server in the US, then they appear to be in the US. In fact, there's no difference between being in the US and using a VPN to pretend to be in the US: the internet behaves exactly the same in both cases.
The same goes for other locations. Connect to a server in the UK, for example - or in any other country of your choosing - and you appear to be there. The internet then behaves as if you really were in the remote location that you selected in the VPN's menu.
Pretend to Browse From Abroad
In fact, millions of people around the world use VPNs to overcome local restrictions. Ones imposed not only by governments and ISPs, but also by workplaces, schools, universities, and even overbearing landlords.
Pretending to Be Back Home When on Vacation
With a VPN, all you need to do is connect to a server back home and - hey presto - you seem to be back in your office or lounge. The result is that access to the internet is identical to being back at home.
What we can tell you is that people all over the world use VPNs to pretend to be in different countries for a whole multitude of reasons. Changing your location is quick and easy, just read the steps below.
How to Change IP to Another Country
- First of all, select one of the Best VPNs. Right now, NordVPN is the best, but check the link to see which service is the best at the time of reading.
- Once you've decided on the right VPN for you, click through to its website. As mentioned, we recommend NordVPN because it is the very best all-around VPN service.
- Next, download and install the VPN software onto your internet-connected device. NordVPN allows three simultaneous connections, so you can use the VPN on all your devices at once.
- Connect to a VPN server in the country of your choice.
- As soon as the VPN connects, it conceals your real IP address. Thereby, you seem to be in the country you selected.
Remember: As soon as the VPN connects you can use the internet as if you were abroad.
Geo Spoofing Recap
In addition, your VPN provides a strong layer of encryption. This means that nobody - not the government, your ISP, a workplace, school, landlord, or any other network administrator - can tell what you are doing online.
A VPN is a complete digital privacy solution, as well as a geo-spoofing location tool.
For most VPN services you will have to pay a small fee. However, you are able to get free VPN services. We don't recommend these, as they aren't reliable and often do not unblock popular streaming services. However, if interested, take a look at our free VPN list for some trustworthy options.